Seasons, months, years – they all change in their own right, yet there’s something that has stayed in human imagination despite the forward march of time. Unicorns! I know, I know, it sounds silly to put it like that, but take a moment to think.
Centuries have passed, but we still let the unicorn inspire us in writing and in art. If I put it like that, there’s a lot we have forgotten about, huh? But for some reason, this horned horse still remains to captivate our minds.
So if you find yourself lacking inspiration, come right on and indulge yourself! Hand-picked for you, I have compiled the prettiest, funniest and cutest unicorn quotes to lift your spirits!
First, the Motivating and Inspiring Unicorn Quotes
We all have those days when nothing seems to be able to drag us out of bed. You know the ones – filled with ice cream and Netflix, instead of something productive. And those off days are good for you! Even unicorns need breaks from being awesome.
Maybe you’re looking for a pick-me-up after a rough day? Well, worry not! I have some unicorn-flavored goodness coming your way!
* “You may have stopped believing in unicorns, but they never stopped believing in you!”— Unknown
* “Even when it looks like you’re alone, someone will always have your back!”— Unknown
* “Be yourself! Unless you can be a unicorn, in that case, you should always be a unicorn.”— ALICE’S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND, LEWIS CARROLL
* Of course it’s good to think about improving yourself and moving forward. But who you are right now, in this moment? That’s more than fine as well.— Unknown
* “Well, now that we have seen each other,” said theUnicorn, “if you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you.”ALICE IN WONDERLAND, LEWIS CARROLL
* Alice found herself a unicorn to have her back, and so will you!— Unknown
* “Be a unicorn in a field of horses.”— Unknown
* Don’t leave your individuality behind! No fantasy novel started with someone who fit into every mold.— Unknown
* “Unicorns are awesome. I am awesome. Therefore, I am a unicorn!”— YOU, HOPEFULLY!
* =^_^= Praise yourself more!— Unknown
* “You’re like a unicorn who brings ice cream and cupcakes. You’re too good to be true.”— NOTSALMON
* When things get tough, remember: whether you know them or not, there’s at least one person out there who you’ve impacted with your life.— Unknown
* “Life’s not easy for unicorns, you know. We’re a dying breed.”— MEG CALBOT
* Behind the glitter and sparkle, there is a road of hardship. It’s okay to let it show and ask for help.— Unknown
* “Rhinos are just fat unicorns. If we’d give them the time and attention they deserve, as well as a diet: they’d reveal their majestic ways.”— Unknown
* All it takes to bring out the magic in someone is a little love!— Unknown
* “A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.”— TIBETAN PROVERB
* Know your own limits! Surpassing them might not always be good, so be gentle with yourself.— Unknown
* “The last unicorn wasn’t really the last. And maybe she still isn’t.”— LAURA ALDEN
* There’s always someone in your corner who’s willing to listen and understand. Sometimes it takes longer to find them, but it’s always worth the wait.— Unknown
*“The unicorn is not known for its horn, beauty, or purity; But for its strength and courage as one.”— NICOLE BECKWITH
* It’s hard to be different, but persevering through it will make you stronger.— Unknown
* “The unicorns were the most recognizable magic the fairies possessed, and they sent them to those worlds where belief in the magic was in danger of falling altogether. After all, there has to be some belief in magic- however small- for any world to survive.”— TERRY BROOKS, THE BLACK UNICORN
* Even science is bound in magic and imagination. What we can do now, soar the skies and even space, would have seemed like magic to people long ago. Those who spurned such ideas never made it anywhere, but people who believed moved us forward.— Unknown
* “Unicorns don’t lose sleep over the opinions of little ponies.”— Unkown
* Not everyone you encounter will be a nice person. What people say really doesn’t matter – what matters is that you respond with incorruptible kindness.— Unknown
* “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”— Unkown
* Those who believe are the people who search for it with wide, curious eyes. Non-believes have closed their eyes and their hearts, but hey! Once you find that magic, maybe you can show it to them, too.
* “Life’s all about rainbows, glitter and unicorns.”— Unkown
* Life is about living, not surviving. Make the best of every day and try to find glitter in every black and white painting you encounter!— Unknown
* Stand out, be kind and most importantly, unafraid to be yourself. Hey, isn’t a unicorn all of those things? That’s right, you’ll become one too! But remember – good things come to those who wait, so don’t be afraid to take a lazy day with that tub of ice cream. The magic in you isn’t going anywhere.— Unknown
Ah, Onto the Funny, Positive Unicorn Quotes!
Laughter is the best medicine. Well, that may not be scientifically too sound… But who can deny that laughing makes a heart lighter and eyes brighter? Maybe it won’t stop you from sneezing, but it sure can do miracles against gloomy thoughts!
Have you ever noticed how laughter spreads? That’s because every laugh carries a small bit of magic within it. So smile, laugh, giggle – spread your magic with these funny unicorn quotes and jokes!
“When someone told me that I live in a fantasy land, I nearly fell off my unicorn.”— Unkown
“Sugar is sweet, lemons are tart, I love you more than a unicorn fart!”— Unkown
“When being a person is too complicated, it’s time to be a unicorn.”— Unkown
“Being a unicorn isn’t about being real. It’s about being real awesome!”–Sugarhai
“Did you hear about the unicorn with a negative attitude? She always said neigh.”— Unkown
Unicorn Jokes – Short and Captive
Q: Why did the unicorn cross the road?
A: Because she wanted to see her neighbors.
Q: What road do unicorns live on?
A: Mane street.
Q: What do unicorns call their dads?
A: Pop corn.
Q: What’s the difference between a unicorn and a carrot?
A: One is a funny beast and the other is a bunny feast.
Q: What did the unicorn tell the bag of beans?
Q: Which state do unicorns like the most?
Q: What do they call the best student at Unicorn University?
A: The A-corn.
Q: Where do naughty unicorns go?
Q: Why did the unicorn want to join the school band?
A: So he could wear a uni-form.
Q: Why was the unicorn such a good guitar player?
A: He knew all the uni-chords.
Q: What was the unicorns favorite type of a story?
A: A fairy tail.
Q: What looks like half a unicorn?
A: The other half.
Q: Where do unicorns go to ride the merry go round?
A: A unicorn-ival.
Q: Why was the unicorn able to win all the Pokemon battles?
A: It was legendary.
Q: How long should a unicorns legs be?
A: Long enough to touch the ground.
Q: How do you get a unicorn to move out the road?
A: Use a unihorn.
Q: What was the unicorn comedian best know for?
A: Unicorny jokes.
Q: What card game do unicorns play?
Q: Which side of a unicorn has the most hair?
A: The outside.
Q: What do you tell a unicorn after it graduates from college?
The Last Unicorn Quotes
Back in 1968, an American author by the name of Peter S. Beagle published a book called “The Last Unicorn”. It quickly became one of the most well-regarded fantasy novels, ranking as the 18th “All-Time Best Fantasy Novel” in 1998, according to the U.S. public. There is also a unicorn movie based on the same book: The Last Unicorn.
It follows the story of a lonely unicorn who embarks on an adventure to find others like her. Along the way, though, she experiences things that no unicorn was meant to experience. It’s a lovely book about bravery and staying true to one’s nature.
Honestly, if you haven’t read it – what are you waiting for? Oh, but maybe I can whet your appetite with some quotes from one of my favorite books?
“Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or half their greatness goes unnoticed. It is all part of the fairy tale.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Real magic can never be made by offering someone else’s liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“The true secret in being a hero lies in knowing the order of things. The swineherd cannot already be wed to the princess when he embarks on his adventures, nor can the boy knock on the witch’s door when she is already away on vacation. The wicked uncle cannot be found out and foiled before he does something wicked. Things must happen when it is time for them to happen. Quests may not simply be abandoned; prophecies may not be left to rot like unpicked fruit; unicorns may go unrescued for a very long time, but not forever. The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“When I was alive, I believed — as you do — that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I said ‘one o’clock’ as though I could see it, and ‘Monday’ as though I could find it on the map; and I let myself be hurried along from minute to minute, day to day, year to year, as though I were actually moving from one place to another. Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year’s Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls. (…) You can strike your own time, and start the count anywhere. When you understand that — then any time at all will be the right time for you.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, although I cannot weep, and I want nothing, and I cannot die. I am not like the others now, for no unicorn was ever born who could regret, but I do. I regret.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“It’s a rare man who is taken for what he truly is.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Take me with you. For laughs, for luck, for the unknown. Take me with you.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Marveling at his own boldness, he said softly, “I would enter your sleep if I could, and guard you there, and slay the thing that hounds you, as I would if it had the courage to face me in fair daylight. But I cannot come in unless you dream of me.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“I think love is stronger than habits or circumstances. I think it is possible to keep yourself for someone for a long time and still remember why you were waiting when she comes at last.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“The unicorn lived in a lilac wood, and she lived all alone. She was very old, though she did not know it, and she was no longer the careless color of sea foam but rather the color of snow falling on a moonlit night. But her eyes were still clear and unwearied, and she still moved like a shadow on the sea.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Then what is magic for?” Prince Lír demanded wildly. “What use is wizardry if it cannot save a unicorn?” He gripped the magician’s shoulder hard, to keep from falling. Schmedrick did not turn his head. With a touch of sad mockery in his voice, he said, “That’s what heroes are for.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“I would have chosen any other than this for my prison. A rhinoceros is as ugly as a human being, and it too is going to die, but at least it never thinks that it is beautiful.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“My father hates cats. He says that there is no such thing as a cat — it is just a shape that all manner of imps, hobs and devilkins like to put on, to gain easy entrance into the homes of men.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Schmendrick said, “She is the last. She is the last unicorn in the world.” “She would be.” Molly sniffed. “It would be the last unicorn in the world that came to Molly Grue.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“It cannot be an ill fortune to have loved a unicorn,”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
“Any woman can weep without tears,” she answered over her shoulder, “and most can heal with their hands. It depends on the wound. She is a woman, Your Highness, and that’s riddle enough.”― PETER S. BEAGLE, THE LAST UNICORN
If you wish to find more quotation from unicorn movies, see our suggestion for movies about unicorns.
The Literary Unicorn – Quotes From the Books
Aside from “The Last Unicorn” there have obviously been other authors and books that have written of them. In fact, you can hardly escape the covers of a fantasy book without meeting one, can’t you? Good thing I’ve found some unicorn-y quotes straight from the pages of books right for you!
“Of all the legendary animals of art, folklore and literature, the Unicorn is the one with the greatest hold on our imaginations. Other fabulous beasts are clearly inventions, existing only in a mythical landscape of our own collective creation. But the Unicorn strikes us as more than imaginary. It seems possible, even probable – a creature so likely that it ought to exist.”– Nancy Hathaway
“The question of historicity and actuality with regard to gods and unicorns is a relatively trifling matter which may be left to antiquarians and biologists, for both the god and the unicorn had a business to perform greater than any mere existence in the flesh could explain or provide a basis for.”– Odell Shepard, The Lore of the Unicorn
“Today it is said that the unicorn never existed. However, it is marvelously clear that when the unicorn was first described and centuries later when the tapestries were woven, everyone believed in unicorns.”– Marianna Mayer, The Unicorn and the Lake
‘I thought unicorns were more … fluffy.’– Unkown
‘See clear! Don’t let the glamour get you! See what’s in front of your eyes! It’s a damn great horse with a horn on the end!’ said Granny.”– Terry Pratchett; Lords and Ladies
“When God created the earth, He made a river which flowed from the Garden of Eden… Then God told Adam to name the animals… And the first animal he named was the unicorn. When the Lord heard the name Adam had spoken, he reached down and touched the tip of the single horn growing from the animal’s forehead. From that moment on, the unicorn was elevated above other beasts.”– Nancy Hathaway; The Unicorn
“…I can o’ersway him; for he loves to hear– William Shakespeare; Julius Caesar
That unicorns may be betray’d with trees,
And bears with glasses, elephants with holes,
Lions with toils and men with flatterers;
“There’s unicorns all over everywhere, even Woodmont. You know that, I know that, maybe nobody else does. You look for them, you listen for the music, you listen for Shei’rah. It’s somewhere, you’ll find it, if you want to find it enough. You got time.”– Peter S.Beagle; The Unicorn Sonata
“All the beasts obeyed Noah when he admitted them into the ark. All but the Unicorn. Confident of his own abilities, he boasted “I shall swim”.– Ukrainian Folktale
“Now I will believe that there are unicorns…”– William Shakespeare; The Tempest
“Unicorns,” she whispered. Rahela nodded. “The most beautiful of all the Mother’s children.”– Jennifer Roberson; The Court of the Summer King
And there you go! That’s the last of the quotes, I hope you’re sufficiently unicorned up after all that! There’s plenty here to put on birthday cards, draw inspiration from or just send your friends if you think they need some more of that good old-fashioned unicorn magic in their life. Take your pick, write them down, take screenshots!
I hope they make you laugh, teach you to be kinder to yourself and maybe even inspire you to write about unicorns. Because there is never too much magic in the world. Go out and create, my friend!
Bonus: Captive Unicorn Quotes on Widely used Items
In case you love unicorns and motivating quotations, we also have our favorite items with unicorn-styled quotations. Maybe you also find something adorable for yourself?
Funny Unicorn Quotation Notebook
In case you are the fan of writing things down… you at least need to make that notebook classy? Bitch please… Hell yeah!
This “I´m a Fucking Unicorn” Notebook is perfect. For yourself… or for the gift.
Rustic Wall Hanging Sign with Unicorn Capture
If you believe the more you see the motivation the more it helps you, then you can simply place one on a wall. Unicorn guarantees the magic.
This hanging sign with unicorn capture seems magical to have.
Quotes on a Wall that Promise to Ride Unicorns and Catch Rainbows
Sometimes easy words already let your imagination flow, take you to the trip and evoke ideas for lovely stories.
These amazing wall stickers promise you the most wonderful adventures: rides with unicorns and chase the rainbows. How amazing!